Joining Alresford Golf Club offers a host of benefits that make it an excellent choice for golfers at all levels. The Club prides itself on its friendly and welcoming atmosphere, where members forge lasting relationships and share a passion for the sport.
With a rich history dating back to 1890, a stunning Hampshire location on the edge of the South Downs with exceptional facilities, Alresford Golf Club provides a rewarding and enjoyable golfing experience.
The well designed, and well-maintained, chalk downland course is free draining and is renowned for its near all-year-round playability. An easy walking course, Alresford offers a challenging but fair test for all levels of players in delightful surroundings.
With a wide demographic, we benefit by being a members’ club run by the members for the members. We have a group of dedicated professionals who provide the general administration and catering while our greens staff maintain and develop the Course, all in accordance with the members’ requirements.
Our practice facilities are extensive, including open and covered bays on the driving range, a practice bunker, chipping and putting greens, practice nets, a pitching range and a par 3 course. All within easy access of the Clubhouse and 1st Tee.
For those looking to get into golf or improve their game, our well qualified and very friendly Club Professional can offer tailored one-to-one tuition, group clinics, equipment advice and custom fittings.
We have a wide variety of membership options and actively encourage those of all ages and from all walks of life to be part of our friendly golf club community.
Members can benefit from:
- An extensive calendar of competitive and social golf for all playing categories, during the week and at weekends. We have a full schedule of competitive inter-club, county events and friendly matches (Ladies, Men, Vets and Mixed) across Hampshire and beyond.
- A fully computerised tee booking system, offering the benefits of advance bookings, visibility of tee availability as well as ‘open’ use of the Course during less busy times, typically afternoons.
- A full calendar of social events and golf roll-ups makes it easy for new members to integrate.
- Full playing members can take advantage of playing a number of other courses as part of our reciprocal playing arrangements.
- Members can sign in up to 3 guests at a reduced green fee. For those regularly bringing guests, a discounted card offering a block of 6 or 10 visits can be purchased.
- A refurbished Clubhouse that provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere and serves as a social hub where members and their guests can relax, socialise and enjoy great food and beverages. An expansive patio area affords splendid views over the 9th & 18th greens means you can relax whilst watching your golfing friends on the course. Members receive discounts on food and drink.
We offer a range of membership options to suit different preferences and lifestyles, so whether you are a golfing enthusiast looking for a challenge, a beginner seeking a supportive environment or perhaps a non-golfer looking for somewhere to enjoy the social vibes of a local community club, Alresford Golf Club offers a rewarding and enjoyable membership that will enrich your passion for the sport.